Another week down and it's Friday! Time to celebrate and let your hair down, read some articles on chaos magick at your favorite chaote-centric site (that's ChaosMagick.com, right?), and maybe join in on the conversation.
We've got lots to cover, so let's go, go, go!
- Reduced tier pricing! You can now become a premium member for a fraction of the price... and here's why you should.
- Daily Magicks: Divination
- Discord Server Events. Come check out all our live events on the CMC Discord server!
- Featured Articles of the Week. All the latest and greatest from the CMC website!
- The Last Word: Changing Perspectives
Reduced Tier Pricing!
Our goal here, primarily, is to provide a legitimate space in the chaos magick sphere of occulture that allows for chaotes and those from other disciplines to speak their truth about what they do.
The goal wasn't, and never will be, to become rich off of other people.
Most of our stuff is free for the public. The primary reason we charge for anything is it helps us afford the bills to make sure the project continues. So, after some careful consideration, we've lowered the tier pricing to reduce the entry level horror of becoming a paid member and supporting the project.
You will, of course, get benefits by becoming a paid member, support the continuation of the project, and be privy to things others are not. Do I think it's worth it?
Yup, absolutely. But you should check it out for yourself, and here's the new pricing tiers! For all current accounts, please know you will be moved to your appropriate tier at a reduced cost in the future.
Thank you all for your support!
Daily Magicks: Divination
Divination can be a sticky subject. If you rely on it to show you a path to take, you have to be discerning of what you read into.
I know plenty that use many techniques, but personally, I love my Shape of Things to Come divination deck by Amy Jackson.
These cards are truly a chaote divination deck. Each card features unique, original digital art and a phrase. That's it. That's all there is to it. Ultimately, it's up to you to discern the message you're being sent.
I've been using them for over a year now and not once have they let me down. They're on-point for all of my personal readings and any I do for friends.
As a chaote, I can't recommend them highly enough.
Another thing I like to use daily for simple divination is my pendulums. I know a LOT of people that are better with them than I am, but they've proven valuable and simple enough to use.
To keep mine clear and free from influence, I typically store them somewhere in my altar in their own special place, and each time I use one I make sure to first clear it and then cleanse when finished.
Do you have any daily magick tips? Let us know!
ChaosMagick.com Discord Server Events
This week we're really diving into making some live events for the members of our Discord server. We love participation and diverse voices, so the platform is perfect.
We invite you to join us and talk about magick from various perspectives!
Friday 26 November 2021
- CMC Open Mic: Let's Talk Magick / 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US); 4:00 PM GMT: Come join us and tell us your crazy magical shit.
- CMC Open Mic: Let's Talk Magick (Late Shift) / 10:00 PM Eastern Time (US); 3:00 AM GMT: Come join us and tell us your crazy magical shit.
Saturday 27 November 2021
- Saturday Morning Chaos-Toons / 9:00 AM Eastern Time (US); 2:00PM GMT: Join Son Ginga with a watch party for the inaugural episode of Chaos-Toons which explores the themes and magick behind popular culture television shows and animations. The first episode is talking about the Doom Patrol live action show from HBO, specifically the episodes Cult Patrol and Paw Patrol.
Sunday 28 November 2021
- BS (Belief Systems) Church / 2:00PM Eastern Time (US); 7:00 PM GMT: How do you know if you disagree or agree with other belief systems if you don't know about them? Join Son Ginga every Sunday to explore the meaning of belief and how it works with your magick.
Saturday 4 December 2021
- Saturday Morning Chaos-Toons / 9:00 AM Eastern Time (US); 2:00PM GMT
- CMC Open Mic: Let's Talk Magick / 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US); 4:00 PM GMT
- CMC Presents: The VeRoxi Power Hour / 10:00 PM Eastern Time (US); 3:00 AM GMT: Join Verone and Roxi as we talk about whatever is on our mind and invite the crowd to join in.
Sunday 5 December 2021
- BS (Belief Systems) Church / 2:00PM Eastern Time (US); 7:00 PM GMT
Featured Articles of the Week
I've always firmly been in the camp of "Do no harm, but take no shit." I still am, but with age, experience, and devoting myself to looking at the world through various perspectives, I've started mellowing the bite down to a low growl instead of simply going for the throat.
I believe this is very important for chaotes to practice. Why? Because we frequently get locked into paradigms of our own creation once we find something that works comfortably and reliably for us.
Whether you're stuck in an established dogmatic way of thinking or one you made up yourself to suit your needs, they can both be extremely detrimental to your growth as a magician.
As I've spoken to several of the OG chaotes who established chaos magick as a practice or helped it grow over the years, or even just occultists from other disciplines, I've noticed that all of their perspectives have shifted dramatically over the course of their time practicing the wyrding way.
These are successful magicians who gained that success by not becoming mired down in paradigms, and instead explored as many depths as they could to gain further knowledge and mastery of their abilities.
I found, after speaking with these amazing folks, that I had myself become mired in my bullshit. I had stopped challenging myself and settled into something comfortable, but not very enriching.
Over the last several weeks, I've opened myself back up to learning from others instead of indulging my own unjustified feelings of superiority when it comes to magick and the growth has been astounding. So much that it reminded me of a Sun Tzu quote that randomly popped into my head:
“In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity.”
To grow, we must change. Change is frightening and hard sometimes, but it is always worth it. And as chaotes, we are in a unique position to grow faster, go farther, and achieve more than any who have come before us.
Keep that in mind the next time you're convinced of your superiority of others.