In this issue of the Daily Chaote, we'll cover some basic spiritual hygiene.
One thing I've learned is of utmost importance as an occultist -- daily spiritual hygiene. If you do magick, you need to know how to banish, do cleanses, and shield yourself, among other things. Not making it a habit is going to cause you a lot of shit on the daily.
I know it sounds like basic ass advice, but you don't know how many I see that just pay this part of the art as lip service. If you don't incorporate this into your practice daily, you'll pay a price.
Making sure you're protected while practicing the occult arts is vital. Here are some basic tips.
- I would say learn a banishing technique that works well for you. Cleanse your work and living areas in the way that works best for you. For shielding, focus on good mental health and coping skills and look into psychic protection techniques.
- Cleansing is pretty easy. Smoke is your friend here unless you have allergic reactions. Incense, ethically procured sage, telling shit to stay the fuck away from you. Bathe and do practical hygiene, i.e. brushing teeth, washing face, etc.
- For mental health help & techniques, visit a professional. For psychic protection, I find meditation very helpful, but also exercise and physical labor.
YMMV with these approaches, of course. You'll have to do a bit of research into this on your own to find out what works best for you, but now you have a starting point.
Follow Joe on Twitter @chaosmagicksite.
Follow Roxi on Twitter @RoxiPhoenix13
Follow Gavin on Twitter @GFAuthor.
The Dark Goddess Rising Collected Edition zine print is ready for purchase!
That's right! The DGR has been collected and we are offering a limited print zine run for sale. You get over 100 pages of zine with practical exercise to help you with shadow work, loving yourself, and becoming a better magician.
Get it today!
Upcoming CMC Discord Events
- CMC Monthly AMA (09-24-2022, 10am Central US Time/4pm GMT)
- HYPERSTITIONS Transmedia Event Planning (10-01-2022, 10am Central US Time/4pm GMT)
- Doctor V's Medicine Show (10-01-2022, 2pm Central US Time/8pm GMT)
- Doctor V's Medicine Show (10-08-2022, 2pm Central US Time/8pm GMT)
- Doctor V's Medicine Show (10-15-2022, 2pm Central US Time/8pm GMT)
- CMC 1st Birthday Celebration (10-29-2022, 10am Central US Time/4pm GMT)